If you would like me to review or display an item you have created in my blog, I would be happy to under the following circumstances:
1. Please take a look at my blog so you understand my style. If you think my look (skin, clothing, home, environment) suits your brand, please feel free to contact me in world (IM or notecard) and I will be happy to discuss the possibility of blogging your item(s). If you prefer just dropping a package on me, please include a notecard with information about the item, detailing cost, what is included with the item, if it is for a specific event and a landmark or SLURL to the purchase location (link to Marketplace if it is MP exclusive).
2. I am currently affiliated with very few designers and events. I blog what pleases me and I mainly purchase everything I have blogged. If I feature your items regularly, I will be happy to add a link to your store, blog or Flickr page on my designer/events page.
3. I include full credits for fashion, poses and I will credit home & garden items if they are my own (I do my best to include them if I am shooting on location). I include the store and item name, creator and a SLURL to their mainstore or event where I purchased the item or a link to their Marketplace store. I strive to make sure all links are correct at the time of posting, but always check the creator’s profile on older posts to ensure you have the latest location.
4. If I choose to blog something, I will give it a fair critique. If I love everything about it, I will say so. If there are a few details that I think could be done better, I’ll mention it. If I really don’t like the item (not suited to my taste, of poor quality, etc.) I just won’t blog it.
5. If any technical issues arise after I have blogged an item and those issues are not dealt with in a timely manner, I reserve the right to post an update. My readers trust me to give a fair and honest opinion and not to display items that are sub-standard. I do understand that mistakes can be made (wrong permissions or price, mis-matched items placed in a vendor, etc.) and I appreciate the creator who delivers prompt customer service. However, if there are major problems after a release and they are not addressed, I feel it is my duty to point these out.
6. My blog does not have a specific focus, other than my in world photography and a look into my SLife. I use a fair amount of post-processing, but if I am blogging a specific item, I will do my best to show it off in its best – but true – light. I will correct issues arising from using a specific pose (such as breaks in mesh or overlaps) and to get rid of the sharp angles that are inherent in any SL photograph. However, if I put on an item of apparel and it doesn’t look right in general wear or any type of item has serious alpha or texturing issues, I won’t include the item in my blog. I blog honestly and I would rather not include an item that is not up to my standards than to either “cheat” to make it look good or tear it apart in my critique. I generally wear Maitreya fit clothing, based on a Standard Mesh Size Small.
7. If I am given an item to blog, I will mark the credit with a * to denote it is a promotional copy.
Wow! That’s a lot of conditions – sorry! But I believe that nothing comes for free. If I am given a promotional product I will blog it within the above set of rules and show it off to the best of my ability. I hope you feel that we will both receive value from featuring your brand.