Well, I had an outcome. I didn’t get the job I wanted, or even one of the others I applied for. My choices are to either leave the company with a severance package or take another – unknown at this point – position. I have a week to decide. And a weekend of uncertainty about what the other role may be.
So…I wait. I weigh up the options I have available then go back to work on Monday, hoping to find out more. Then try to decide what I want to do with my future while not talking about what has happened with my colleagues.
I’m sure for some of my co-workers, the outcome was good. For others, I know it wasn’t. But until the final paperwork is signed by the final member of my former team, we can’t turn to one another for support.
More waiting. More worry. And undoubtedly, more sleepless nights.