Growing up, autumn seemed to creep in on little cat’s feet to me. Yes, there was often fog in the air, but it is more that it came in quietly and unobtrusively. There was a gradual change from the heat of summer with the crisp nights and mornings. I recall waiting for the school bus to arrive in October, shivering a bit underneath a sweater that would come off by lunchtime, then be slipped back on if we sat out on the porch in the evening. It meant the coming of Halloween and my favourite holiday, Thanksgiving. And growing up on a farm, it was always a busy time with harvest and getting the garden prepped for the winter and coming spring.
This week, Berry has asked us to complete an Autumn Challenge. Here’s what we’re supposed to do:
Meme Instructions: Take an autumn inspired picture and/or answer the following questions about autumn. Don’t forget to leave your answers in the comments of this post and if you take an autumn picture, please add it to the Blog Memes flickr group. Thank you! ❤
1. Is autumn your favorite season? Why or why not? – It is my favourite. Growing up, I loved the brisk, cool mornings and evenings and where I lived, there was a riot of colours as the maples and oaks changed hues. It meant wearing layers and the first opportunity to snuggle up near the fire. Now that I live in the southern hemisphere, I still love the time when it means I can start sleeping under the covers and turn off the fan in my bedroom. Deciduous trees are rare here, so I miss the colour change, but we compensate with different types of plants blooming in autumn. It’s just a different type of change.
2. Do you call it Autumn or Fall? – I always called it Fall when I lived in the US. In Australia, most of the time if I use Fall I am met with a blank look. Like so many other terms, I have adopted the local vernacular and now call it autumn.
3. What kind of weather does your area get during this season? – On the east coast of Australia, we get a couple of months of blending between full-blown summer and generally mild winters.
4. Which color do you always associate with autumn? – Orange. Pumpkins, leaves and warm, cozy fires.
5. Which Autumn themed sim is your favorite at the moment? – Currently, most of the Calas Galadhon Park sims have an autumn theme and I do love the park. I shot these photos at the Dimrill Dale sim, and I really should have done some location shots. Maybe I’ll be able to get back to do that before they change for the winter.
I have to mention that when I slipped into this top, I had no idea I would meet these little kitties as I visited this cabin at Dimrill Dale. The little fella in the window seemed intrigued; as you can tell, the calico near the fire was much too content to nap in the warmth than be alarmed by another feline so nearby 😉
Pretty stuff I’m wearing:
Exclusively at Cosmopolitan Sales Room (review copies)
Top: .::: MC FASHION :::. Sweater With Rolled Up Sleeves Shirt Under by Anca Knave
Hat: JfL Plains hat black/burgundy band by Johnfrancis Laville
Earrings & Bracelet: Baubles! by Phe SoMuchForVegas Box by Phedre Rexie
Poses: Eternal Dreams *ED* In These Shoes 01 (pack) by Fata Boa & *ED* In These Shoes 02 (pack) by Fata Boa
Leggings: Maitreya Tights (Pinched) * Chocolate by Onyx LeShelle
Boots: Maitreya Stagioni Boots * XS-S Chestnut by Onyx LeShelle
Skin: [PXL] Creations – [PXL] JADE SK Cherry Lips MEB C2 by Hart Larsson
Makeup: [PXL] Creations – [PXL]JADE SK TopLine Eyes (tattoo) by Hart Larsson
Hand Appliers: [PXL] Creations[ PXL ] Slink Hands Appliers SK
Hands: Slink Mesh Hands (av) Casual by Siddean Munro
Hair: Amacci Hair Nicky ~ Sangria by Carina Larsen
Eyes: Amacci Gaze Eyes – Ocean Blue by Carina Larsen