I’ve skipped a few weeks of Strawberry Singh’s Monday Memes, mainly because of a lack of time. I try to use a photograph that goes along with the theme, and since Monday is my Tuesday, I don’t usually get a chance to get into SL to take a photo. This week, though, I feel like I can use any picture, so here I am again!
This week’s meme is a series of questions about what we may (or may not) have done in Second Life. If you want to participate, here are the instructions:
Meme Instructions: Copy and paste the following questions and answers to your post, delete my answers and input your own. Don’t forget to leave a link to your post in the comments (of this post) so others can come by and read your answers as well!
So, here we go!
1. Have you ever owned a sim in Second Life? – Yes. I had a homestead sim for about a year. However, it was private.
2. Have you ever created content in Second Life? – Other than the odd wall or floor, about the only other thing I have created in Second Life is this.
3. Have you ever driven a vehicle in Second Life? – Yes. Badly. No matter what the vehicle is. And Abbie, it’s still YOUR fault that I lost your bike off the edge of the sim. You should have known better than to let me drive!
4. Have you ever gone sky diving in Second Life? – Not on my SLife!
5. Have you ever played a sport in Second Life? – Nope.
6. Have you ever gone clubbing in Second Life? – I used to practically LIVE in clubs. I hung out, hosted, managed and DJed in a variety of rock and country clubs in SL.
7. Have you ever fangirled/fanboyed someone in Second Life? – I don’t really think so. Oh, there are plenty of people I could fangirl, but I never run into any and stalking is so last year 😉
8. Have you ever taken a picture of your avatar in water in Second Life? – Yes, quite a few. I think this one is my favourite.
9. Have you ever taken a picture of a sunset in Second Life? – Often.
10. Have you ever taken a nude picture of your avatar in Second Life? – On occasion. But you won’t be seeing me flaunting my bits on Flickr or my blog “just because.”
11. Have you ever dated in Second Life? – Yep.
12. Have you ever had or attended a wedding in Second Life? – I’ve attended several. Many for the same people.
13. Have you ever drank, smoked or taken drugs in Second Life? – Yep.
14. Have you ever engaged in sexual activity in Second Life? – Is this a real question? Um…yeah.
15. Have you ever been to Bukkake Bliss in Second Life? – I’m embarrassed to say that I don’t even know what it is *blushes*
I was really pleased to see that Berry used and mentioned LUMIPro in her blog. I am a huge fan and have been using it regularly for almost two years. I even did kind of a review when Stefan did a new release a while back (there have been a couple more since then). While Stefan’s blog and YouTube channel are awesome resources, you can check out my post on my experiences here. I used LUMIPro in this photo, as I do with almost all of my pictures that include an avatar. It’s fun to get people to play with Stefan’s balls 😉
Berry mentioned that it can be a bit confusing, but the beauty of LUMIPro is that you can use as few or as many of features as you like. I use the posing system and avatar lighting most of all, but I also use the projectors. While you can use the controls on the HUD to move around the pose stand and projectors, I usually just use Edit to move them around, unless I have my camera angle set and don’t want to risk losing it. That sneaky camera angle thing is something I mentioned to Stefan and who knows? Mr LUMIPro may come up with a solution in one of his releases. He’s good that way 😉
Pretty stuff I’m showing off:
Dress: Coquet. Vintage Romance Dress S – Love by Tabitha Marquez (available at The Dressing Room Fusion Feb. 2015)
Shoes: [whatever] Chain Kittenheel – red by AnnaGrey (available at The Dressing Room Fusion Feb. 2015)
Hair: *ARGRACE* HIIRAGI – Ginger by rika Oyen
Skin: -Glam Affair – Amberly II skin – America 14 D by aida Ewing
Body: Maitreya Mesh Body – Lara V1.0 by Onyx LeShelle
Hands: Slink Mesh Hands (av) Casual by Siddean Munro
Feet: Slink Mesh Feet (Av) Mid by Siddean Munro
Hand & Feet appliers: -Glam Affair– Slink Hand & Feet Skin Appliers AD by aida Ewing
Eyes: IKON Promise Eyes – Maldives by Ikon Innovia
Lashes: Mon Cheri *MC* “Falsies” Eyelash by Freya Oliveri
*Pose: !bang – stand 469M by Luna Jubilee (available at The Thrift Shop February 2015)
Photo taken using the LumiPro HUD by Stefan Buscaylet