Tell Me The Story

1 Wistful

I didn’t really have a reason for this photo. I just put on an outfit, rezzed a few items, plopped down on the suitcase and played with Windlight until I found something I liked.

I think there is a story here, looking at the image. Is she moving in or moving on? Or is she simply taking shelter on her travels?

Will you tell me the story?

Pretty stuff I’m showing off:

Jacket: [Foxes] – Aviator Jacket – S – Worn by Tyr Rozenblum (available at No21)
Skirt: Maitreya Mini Skirt * Dark Leather Russet S by Onyx LeShelle
Boots: REIGN.– Fiona Boots-(SLINK) Tan by Kenadeecole (available at No21)
Necklace: Purple Moon :: PM :: Venice Necklace -Halloween Edition- by Poulet Koenkamp
Earrings: Purple Moon :: PM :: Venice Earrings -Halloween Edition- by Poulet Koenkamp
Hair: MINA Hair – Lena by Mina Nakamura
Skin: [PXL] Creations [PXL] JADE NAT PetalPink MEB C2 (FR) by Hart Larsson
Hands: Slink Mesh Hands (av) Casual (L) & Splayed (R) by Siddean Munro
Feet: Slink Mesh Feet (Av) Mid by Siddean Munro
Hand & Feet appliers:[PXL] Creations – [ PXL ] Slink Hand & Feet Appliers NAT by Hart Larsson
Eyes: Amacci Gaze Eyes – Ocean Blue by Carina Larsen
Lashes: Mon Cheri *MC* “Falsies” Eyelash by Freya Oliveri

*Letter in hand: Kuro – Remnants of a war by Luana Dawg
Suitcase: Apple Fall AF Worn Luggage Bag by Apple Fall (gacha prize)
Rug: Apple Fall AF Ruffled Rug by Apple Fall (gacha prize)
Painting on floor: Apple Fall AF New Arrival Painting by Apple Fall (gacha prize)
Paintings above fireplace:
Zaara [home] : 15 Vintage frame *oval* by Zaara Kohime
Zaara [home] : 18 Vintage frame *horizontal* by Zaara Kohime
Zaara [home] : 15 Vintage frame *oval* by Zaara Kohime
Zaara [home] : 19 Vintage frame *square* by Zaara Kohime

Build: Trompe Loeil – Attic Skybox + Surround by Cory Edo

Pose : oOo Studios vaki_four by Oleanka Chesnokov

Photo taken using the LumiPro HUD by Stefan Buscaylet

11 thoughts on “Tell Me The Story

1. Starr October 26, 2014 / 9:59 am

Your composition looks so easy and gorgeous …

• PeepSideshow Darkward October 26, 2014 / 10:07 am

Thanks, Starr 🙂 If you only knew how many camera angles I went through before shooting this you wouldn’t call it easy lol

2. chericolette October 26, 2014 / 12:21 pm

Its a great camera angle you decided on (and the play with light & dark). Neither her or the painting are the focus point. Both are. As viewers, we switch between them, trying to decide. Great mystery…..

• PeepSideshow Darkward October 26, 2014 / 12:32 pm

It’s a shame I’ve never been one to read the ending of the story first, or I’d know how it finishes 😦

3. Studly Lockjaw October 26, 2014 / 1:00 pm

Not only the camera angle but the lighting is extraordinary! As for the story each viewer will see a different tail in it this always makes for great art.

• PeepSideshow Darkward October 26, 2014 / 1:22 pm

Thanks, Stuffly 🙂 A little cropping helped with the composition, but yeah, I just fell in love with the light in this one.

4. whitburnblackburn October 26, 2014 / 1:01 pm

Beautiful photo! She is definitely moving on, escaping from a broken relationship, reflecting on the sadness and the challenges to come in the dying fire while she waits for the taxi to take her away. The photos remaining on the fireplace show someone is still living there after she is gone, though only for a short time as the house is to be sold, little is left of the furnishings. The question is – who is left behind?

• PeepSideshow Darkward October 26, 2014 / 1:21 pm

Wow, you drew me in with that! I love it ❤

Oh, wait…you didn't give us the ending, either. I wonder if anyone will pick up the story and tell us about who was left behind? 🙂

5. caoimhelionheart October 27, 2014 / 12:58 am

Whit’s right. The house was purchased soon after the madly in love couple married. The home was filled with all the treasures of their short life together, each item cherished and loved for the memory it invoked in their hearts. One night in the dead still of night, so late and so wintry, her husband missed his normal train from work and had to rely on road transport to get home. The treacherous icy snow slicked the road at a particular steep curve and his car went out of control plummeting off a cliff. Being unable to bear the thought of continuing to live in this monument to their love, the young widow decided she would move away, slowly packing the memoirs of a beautiful life. As the sun gasped it’s last breath of light, the home in darkness, the widow became transfixed by the movement of the fire, it’s flames hissing and flickering upward to the heavens as if entrancing her with its sweet message of hope, it’s warmth drawing her spellbound ever and unescapably closer. Anyway way, that’s just my dime store version of events but I kinda like it, so I’ma gonna stick to it. 😛 Thanks for the free-form lesson Peep! ❤

• PeepSideshow Darkward October 27, 2014 / 7:07 am

Oh, Cao, that’s soooo sad 😦 But it’s beautiful, too xoxo Thank you for seeing a story and sharing ❤