I could easily quote Charles Dickens here, but I’m not going to go the easy route. OK, so I kinda did in the title, but forgive me – Dickens is one of my favourite authors so I couldn’t let it go without mention!
Miss Berry has asked us to share our Bests & Worsts related to Second Life. At first glance, this seemed to be an easy challenge, but while thinking about the questions I realised it’s not that simple. There are so many good – and bad – things about Second Life it is hard to narrow it down. I shall, however, do my best not to make this the worst meme I’ve done!
Here’s what she asked us to do:
Meme Instructions: Copy and paste the questions and answers below, delete my answers and input your own. The twist is, the final question you need to change and make up your own best & worst that you want to share. Don’t forget to leave a link to your post in the comments of this post.
1. Best thing about Second Life: The best thing for me is being able to “be” the person I want to be. I’m very much an introvert in real life, so being able to express myself freely, do things I would be afraid to try otherwise and step out of my shell have been a huge blessing for me.
Worst thing about Second Life: Probably the same thing. I sometimes wonder if I didn’t have SL if I would be more outgoing in RL. But I doubt it.
2. Best thing in your inventory: My Cyber Ducky ♥
Worst thing in your inventory: The approximately 50,000 items I’ll probably never use but am afraid to delete because as soon as I do, I just know I’ll need them!
3. Best earliest SL memory: Finding a freebie store! I was so new and I thought that I had died and gone to fashion heaven! The friend who took me had to convince me it was ok to just take anything and everything I wanted. And I felt oh-so-sexy and smart in my blingy shoes and flapping flexi-dress *blushes*
Worst earliest SL memory: I think it would be trying to colour-match my hideous prim boobs to my skin. Or maybe just wearing them. Or owning them o.O
4. Best thing you learned because of SL: Taking photos and processing them. I’m not much of a photographer in RL, but it has become a passion for me in SL.
Worst thing you learned because of SL: The way so many people consider relationships to be throw-away things. It saddens me to see people throw the word “love” around like it doesn’t mean anything. I mean, how can you be madly in love with someone one week, toss them aside and be madly in love with someone else the next? Lather, rinse, repeat. Maybe it’s that first blush of love that they are addicted to, but come on…stop giving love a bad name, would ya?
5. Best thing about blogging: It gives me a creative outlet. I can post photos and musings that can be funny or sad, moody or happy, or just about something that has captured my imagination.
Worst thing about blogging: The pressure I put on myself to blog often, whether I have the desire to or not. I usually blog around five times a week, but on those days when I don’t – whether I don’t feel like it or just don’t have time – I feel guilty!
6. Best thing
to have with french toast to wake up to: A good morning message from my sweetheart 🙂
to have with french toast to wake up to: A heavy breather on the phone at 1:18am 😡
By the way…the best thing to have with French toast is oodles of butter and maybe a sprinkling of powdered sugar. The worst thing to have with French toast is maple syrup! *shudders*
The cute outfit I’m wearing in the opening photo is from blah.BLAH.blah and will be available at the SLebrity SLection Street Sale on Tuesday. There are three different top options to choose from and each comes with a texture-changing HUD with four different coloured tops. You can wear the skirt with or without the belt.
The close up shows off the earrings (part of a set from Finesmith) and the pretty eye makeup from ::DS::, both available in this round of the Cosmopolitan Sales Room. I’m not one to normally wear colourful eye shadow – I usually stick with a smokey grey or brown – but this pretty silver tone is a rare exception.
Pretty stuff I’m wearing:
*Top & Skirt: blah.BLAH.blah*MESH*Pop Art Lippy Tee w/Jacey Skirt w/Huds by Lyric Derryth (available Tuesday Nov 12 @ SLebrity SLection Street Sale)
*Earrings: FINESMITH Grapa earrings – from Grapa mapel set by yula Finesmith (available at Cosmopolitan Sales Room)
*Makeup: ::DS:: Mystical Silver Lining Makeup by AnneAlyce Maertens (available at Cosmopolitan Sales Room)
Hair: .:EMO-tions:. * ALISHA*/darkred by Mirja Mills
Skin: [PXL] Creations – [PXL] JADE SK Cherry Lips MEB C2 by Hart Larsson
Hands: Slink Mesh Hands (av) Casual by Siddean Munro
Hand appliers:[PXL] Creations – [ PXL ] Slink Hand Appliers SK by Hart Larsson
Eyes: Amacci Gaze Eyes – Ocean Blue by Carina Larsen
Lashes: Mon Cheri *MC* “Falsies” Eyelash by Freya Oliveri
Poses: aDORKable Poses: Dork In The Box by Adorkable Peapod (NLA)