It has been about a year since Miss Berry asked us about why we blog. I was truly a “baby blogger” then, having only created this site three months prior. I have changed a lot since then, not just in terms of what and how I blog. There are times I have thought about just giving it all up; I am sure I could spend my time more productively. But then, I have an inspiration for a post or get caught up in a challenge or just crave sharing the photos I have taken and those thoughts just disappear.
Here is what Miss Berry has asked us to do this time around:
Meme instructions: Copy and paste the following questions and answers to your post, delete my answers and input your own. Don’t forget to leave a link to your post in the comments (of this post) so others can come by and read your answers as well!
1. Which electronic devices do you use to blog with? I only use Esteban (my pc) to blog. I have the WordPress app installed on my phone, though, and I use that sometimes to reply to comments, particularly when I wake in the middle of the night and can’t get back to sleep.
2. Do you have a mission statement for your blog, if so, what is it? No, I don’t. A mission statement seems too corporate to me. This blog is strictly for enjoyment – not something I associate with the corporate world!
3. How do you feel about blogs that use their platforms to spread negativity? I don’t read them, unless a particular post is pointed out for some reason. As for how I feel about them, I guess ambivalent is the best term to describe it. It is their blog; they can write whatever they want.
4. Are you a grammar junkie? Do you thoroughly check your blog for errors before posting and/or do you judge other people’s posts if they contain errors? I am a good speller and have a strong grasp of grammar, but I don’t consider myself to be a grammar junkie. I do write in a certain style and some of my stylistic choices would be considered grammatically incorrect. However, I always make sure my posts are readable. I do proofread my posts and I have been known to correct very old mistakes if I spot them much later on.
I am not generally bothered by spelling and grammar errors on other blogs. Many I read are ESL writers and knowing one language only, I admire them. I think the one thing that annoys me is when writers of any kind are lazy and don’t bother to do any type of proofreading and have constant misspellings. Yes, anyone can make a typographical error, but WordPress has a spell-checker and I’m pretty sure Blogger does, too. Use it! *Edit: 12 hours later and I just edited to fix a grammatical error *facepalms*
5. If you could switch blogs with another blogger who would it be? Whiskey Monday. Although she is no longer active, I always loved Whiskey’s blog. Her photos are true works of art, as is her writing. I got to know her a bit in Second Life and she is one of the smartest, funniest, most sincere and truly creative people I have met, in either world.
Thank you, Berry, for your Facebook link to Ziki Questi’s blog post on the upcoming closing of Whiskey’s gallery in world. I was struggling with a photo for this post and I was actually about to give up for the day when I decided to go see Whiskey’s work before I logged off. That is when I saw the artwork that is the background for my photo and I knew what I wanted to do. I know I don’t hold a candle to her talent, but I wanted to pay homage to her creativity.
6. Has your blog/blogging style evolved over the year(s)? How? I don’t know that it has. I have only been blogging for a little over a year so it is a bit early in my evolution as a blogger. I didn’t do credits when I first started and there was more focus on client work. It is still a blog about whatever I feel like sharing on a particular day.
7. What is the most extraordinary thing that has happened to you because of blogging? I am happy to say that I have a rather active group of commenters on my blog. I have developed some very special friendships with some very special people through blogging. Some have been bloggers I have met while doing challenges but mainly it is through blog comments. I only wish Blogger would put in a simpler comment approval system; I find it hard to engage in that format, so I am sure I am missing out on many more friendships and acquaintances just because of their Captcha system!
8. When it comes to Second Life blogs, there are different styles: Fashion bloggers, Lifestyle & Travel bloggers, Informative bloggers, and more. Which style do you prefer and where do you feel your blog fits in? LOL well, I guess a little of each. I probably am more of a fashion blogger than anything else, but I have dipped my toe into each of the aforementioned types at one time or another. I am a bit of a blog junkie; I read a bit of each style. I guess the only type I am not crazy about are strictly look-of-the-day blogs. There is a place for them, certainly; they are just not my cup of tea.
9. What has blogging taught you? Blogging has taught me to be a better photographer – one who still cringes occasionally at a picture, though. It has taught me that when I am having a crappy day there will be someone out there who will leave a comment or hit Like on my blog to cheer me up. And it has taught me that my inventory can reach epic numbers and NOT explode!
10. Share your top 3 tips for new bloggers. 1.) Do your very best to reply to comments and comment on other blogs. It is a great way to network and make friends. 2.) Don’t beg creators for items to blog. Check their picks or store for their blogger’s policy and follow it. 3.) Be prepared to spend a LOT of money!
Pretty stuff I’m showing off:
Jumpsuit: ISON – v-cut jumpsuit – (black) by Harry Hyx
Shoes: ieQED chacha.sandal.red hots by SigiFaust (previous 21Shoe exclusive)
Necklace: Pure Poison – PP – Leah Necklace – Gold by Shaleene Kenin (Group Gift)
Earrings: Pure Poison PP – Triandre Gold Earrings by Shaleene Kenin (Group Gift)
Ring: Cae :: Promise :: Ring by Caelan Hancroft
Hair: *ARGRACE* Akane – True Red by rika Oyen
Skin: [PXL] Creations [PXL] JADE NAT PetalPink MEB C2 by Hart Larsson
Hands: Slink Mesh Hands (av) Casual by Siddean Munro
Feet: Slink Mesh Feet (Av) High by Siddean Munro
Hand & Feet appliers:[PXL] Creations – [ PXL ] Slink Hand & Feet Appliers NAT by Hart Larsson
Eyes: Amacci Gaze Eyes – Ocean Blue by Carina Larsen
Lashes: Mon Cheri *MC* “Falsies” Eyelash by Freya Oliveri
Pose: aDORKable Poses: Touch Me 5 by Adorkable Peapod