I hadn’t planned on doing a second post today, but it’s turning into a day of seconds.
Earlier, in the SL Blogger Support group chat in world, we got into a spirited discussion about “the old days,” back before shopping events became the way to shop. About the competition to find the latest, best, newest releases and the race to be the first to blog them. About grid-hopping parties, where someone would take the lead and mass TP a group of followers all around the grid. Yes, those good old days…
During the course of the conversation, I mentioned that a while ago (unbelievably to me, over two years ago!) I posted a challenge I called The Uneventful Challenge. In this challenge, you are not allowed to wear/show anything that has been purchased at an event. Before I could blink, I was being asked to revive the challenge. With input from this enthusiastic group, I am tweaking the rules from the original, and I have created a Flickr Group for everyone to add their photos.
And now, on with the rules…
1. You can’t wear or show anything purchased during an event, but you can use an item originally from an event that you later purchased in the creator’s store after the event was over (in world or on Marketplace).
2. You can use sales items, but not if it was part of an organised main store event (think Fifty Linden Friday or Midnight Madness).
3. You can use review items, but only if they were for a general release and not for an event.
4. Group or store gifts are ok.
5. Hunt gifts are NOT ok (a hunt is an event, remember?😉 )
6. You can use a single item that wasn’t purchased from an event mixed with items from an event, but the UnEVENTful item must be the focus of your photo or blog post.
7. Everyday items (like your skin, tattoo or eyes) purchased at an event are allowed.
Never fear, if you don’t have a blog – you are more than welcome to play along, posting your photo in the UnEVENTful Challenge Flickr group. However, do please post credits so the rest of us can have the fun of grid-(s)hopping to get the goodies! Full credits are always good for the lazy ones of the world *whistles*, but the store name is plenty.
I am showcasing the dress I am wearing from Apple May Designs, which is coming to the main store, so if you’re looking for something to use for this challenge, Apple will have it out soon. I also wanted to highlight the poses I have used from . a w k w a r d . poses, created by Tab Tatham of junk. fame. The second pose is an opening gift and the store is located on the same sim, which is a fabulous location for taking photos. And you can never go wrong with *ARGRACE*, who almost exclusively releases to the main store.
(I threw in the second photo for those of you who thought I might be cheating by not showing shoes. Well, think again; they’re a main store purchase 😉 )
I hope you all have fun with this challenge; do spread the word, and leave a comment here with a link to your post or picture on Flickr so we can all celebrate the UnEVENTfulness of Second Life!
Pretty stuff I’m showing off:
*Dress: Apple May Designs Gemini Dress (Maitreya) – Black by Apple May (coming soon to the main store)
Shoes: Essenz – Cape Town (Black) by Senzati0n Domenitzo
Earrings: EarthStones Twisted Hoops – Silver/Mother of Pearl by Abraxxa Anatine (group gift)
Hair: *ARGRACE* HOMURA by rika Oyen
Head: CATWA HEAD Tumble V4.9 by Catwa Clip
*Skin & Catwa Head Applier: Elysium – Candice skin (red brow) – mocha freck by Aleida Rhode
Body, feet and hands: Maitreya Mesh Body – Lara by Onyx LeShelle
Eyes: LOTUS. Devotion Eyes – 2 by Lilanachristina (gacha prize)