Yes, Miss Berry has managed to cause my brain to twirl. This meme is one that is confusing for someone who lives in the southern hemisphere but grew up in the northern part of the world. I’m going to do my best to answer the questions without muddling your brains as much as my own. And then, I’m going to introduce my very first challenge!
But first, here’s Berry’s instructions:
Meme Instructions: Take a wintery picture and/or answer the following questions about the season. Don’t forget to leave a link to your post in the comments (of this post) and share your picture in the Blog Memes Flickr Group.
1. What is the December/Winter season like where you live? – I live in Australia now so winter is usually chilly and rather wet most of the time. But I grew up in the US Midwest, so winter was cold, often wet and sometimes snowy. Summer officially started in Oz on December 1, so I hope you can understand my confusion!
2. When you think of winter, what’s the first thing that pops into your head? – Cold, crisp weather and snow.
3. Have you ever played any extreme winter sports? – lol well, I used to go sledding when I was a kid and skated on the pond in my boots. Oh, and digging my car out of butt-deep snow in Michigan! In Australia the most extreme winter sport I participate in is avoiding being sprayed by cars as they fly through puddles 😦
4. What do you like most about this season? – In Australia, I love the respite from the heat. I don’t have air conditioning so it’s nice to be able to throw on an extra doona and cuddle up when I sleep instead of flying my helicopter (my fan) with windows open, covers thrown off and (maybe) a tee shirt to sleep in! What I liked best about winter living in the north was being able to curl up in front of a fire.
5. Do you celebrate Christmas, Hannukkah, Kwanzaa or another holiday during this time of year? OK, again, the confusion. I always celebrated Christmas back home in winter and even after 13 Christmases in Australia I can’t get used to it happening in the summer. I live in Sydney so the only holiday we celebrate in winter is the Queen’s Birthday in June. No, it’s not really her birthday but it’s the only holiday we have between Anzac Day (April 25) and Labour Day (first Monday in October), so I’ll take it 😉
I’m going to mention my challenge here, since it kind of relates. I did a post a few weeks ago about seasonal confusion. My buddy, Wendz, who hails from Hawaii has been suffering the same affliction. In comments bandied about between her blog and mine, I said I was going to make it a challenge. I took the pictures well over a week ago but I just haven’t done the post yet. So, Miss Berry, since you confused me again you can claim responsibility for me finally getting my bum in gear 😉
Here’s the link to the Summer in December challenge – I hope to see a few tan lines and cool shades in everyone’s near future!
Pretty stuff I’m wearing:
Dress/hair: Exile::First Snow by Kavar Cleanslate (The Arcade gacha prize)
Skates: The Secret Store – Ice Skates – Ice Leaf by Maylee Oh (The Arcade gacha prize)
Necklace: MG – Necklace – Truth Owl – SoftPink by Maxi Gossamer (The Arcade gacha prize)
Skin: [PXL] Creations – [PXL] JADE SK Cherry Lips MEB C2 by Hart Larsson
Hands: Slink Mesh Hands (av) Casual by Siddean Munro
Hand appliers:[PXL] Creations – [ PXL ] Slink Hand Appliers SK by Hart Larsson
Eyes: Amacci Gaze Eyes – Ocean Blue by Carina Larsen
Lashes: Mon Cheri *MC* “Falsies” Eyelash by Freya Oliveri
Pose: VERO MODERO & THE MUSE POSES Winter Fair GIFT – Ece Skate 04 by Audrey Cresci (old gift)
Location: Fruit Islands Winterland