Weekly Photo Challenge: A Day in My Life – Everything You Can Imagine Is Real

I’m going back to the basis for my blog for the Weekly Photo Challenge this week. “A Day in My Life” is a good place to show you a bit about my Second Life. I’m going to try to use photos I’ve not posted to my blog before, although you may have seen a variation of a shot I’ve used in the past. In some cases, my Second Life and real life blend and merge…I think, no matter what anyone says, that’s pretty typical.

So strap on your seat belts, grab your popcorn and here we go!

What day isn’t started without a nice cup of coffee or tea and a cupcake? Those chores will have to wait!
1 Kitchen_001

I spend a lot of my day trading messages with my SL sweetheart in real life. He moves from location to location while he’s working. We have a joke that I gps stalk him from the messages he sends me. I do love to see the different places he goes, and if he accidentally turns off his location services from his phone, he’s quick to turn it back on. I never ask him to, but he picks up from questions I ask that his thumb has switched it off. Clever girl, eh?
1 gps stalker

My photography and blog are big components of my Second Life. I spend a lot of time testing out poses and techniques on myself before I use it for a photo shoot. These are just a few shots of my guinea pig imitation 😉

1 Ducky_007
1 Ice cream_005
1 LBD_017

And always, there’s time for shopping! Just a few pics from my recent skin-shopping adventure and some of the demo skins I tried.

1 Glance Anais September_002

1 Izzie's Harlow sunkissed_001

This is the one I chose 🙂
1 Helena Powder 09_001

And then, off to work. I’m a shift manager and host at Breaking The Rules, a rock club in Second Life. Trust me, it’s a great job…you get to listen to music, socialise and just get silly!

1 BTR NYE 4

1 Fish Attack

1 Lil Ones_006

And then back home again. Time for some quiet contemplation…

1 Hey Sailor_051

…or if I’m lucky, some time with my sweetheart 🙂

1 Imagine

And there it is, a day in my Second Life, where everything you can imagine IS real 🙂

Please check out the other entries for the Weekly Photo Challenge in the comments section of this post.

17 thoughts on “Weekly Photo Challenge: A Day in My Life – Everything You Can Imagine Is Real

1. Rosanna March 30, 2013 / 7:00 pm

So very interesting!

• peepsideshow March 31, 2013 / 9:37 am

I often hear people in Second Life say they’re bored. It IS interesting! I don’t know how anyone there could possible be bored 🙂

2. Amar Naik March 31, 2013 / 10:15 am

interesting. which software did you use?

• peepsideshow March 31, 2013 / 10:29 am

I use a couple of web-based photo editors. picmonkey and befunky.

• Amar Naik March 31, 2013 / 10:30 am

thanks. is it a paid service?

• peepsideshow March 31, 2013 / 10:38 am

They have both free and paid versions 🙂

3. themofman May 4, 2013 / 11:07 am

I just checked out your link to here ( http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/The%20Secret%20Cove/150/135/22 ). I am amazed with the depth of the subculture that exists around this SL. I take it there are other VR communities that function under different names/networks/collectives. Is there ever some kind of symposium or convention where these respective universes are allowed to merge for any length of time?

Also, how extreme/varied can they get? Is there a sci-fi universe, a Quentin Tarantino film type of universe, a pro sports universe, etc?

• peepsideshow May 4, 2013 / 1:02 pm

There are dozens of different virtual worlds. I’m not an expert on others, but there are several that are based on the same (open source) platform as Second Life. In the case of these worlds, if you have created something yourself in Second Life, you can export it to another world.

I believe I recall something about some cross-world groups, but I have to admit I have no information other than a faint recollection 😦