Strike A Pose Challenge: My Heros

1 aDORKable Rug Burn

I am really pleased that this week Miss Berry chose to do a pose meme. Before I started blogging myself, I often read other blogs and would scour the credits for the name of the pose, or at least the posemaker. Sadly, more times than not, the information was left out. So when I started crediting my posts, I made sure I included the pose.

Posemakers really are my Second Life heros, especially the ones that make posing look natural. I discovered, recently, when I made my first pose that it isn’t that easy to do! It is available free in my marketplace store and quite a few people have grabbed it. I haven’t gotten any reviews on it yet, but I hope that the folks who use it enjoy it. While I made one more for a post, I can’t see me entering the posemaking business anytime soon!

Ah, but this isn’t about me; it is about my favourite posemakers. Here is what Miss Berry has asked us to do:

Meme Instructions: Share a picture of your favorite pose or a list of your favorite posemakers on the grid! Don’t forget to leave a link to your post in the comments (of this post) and share your picture in the blog memes flickr group.

My photo isn’t necessarily my favourite pose, but it is by my favourite posemaker. Time after time I find myself turning to aDORKable Poses by Adorkable Peapod when I am shooting. Sadly, this store is closed in world, but a lot of the poses are still available on Marketplace. I have so many that I can’t put all of my single poses in a single HUD. Occasionally, Adorkable will put out a set of poses for an event and I am always first in line to snatch them up. I do miss her quirky yet natural style.

I have done recent posts on two other of my favourite posemakers. First is Eternal Dream Poses by Fata Boa. I love Eternal Dream Poses for the same reason I love aDORKable – the poses are natural, joints aren’t contorted and they are the types of poses I use every day. You can visit the Eternal Dream Poses Mainstore to see what I mean.

For couple’s poses, my new favourite is Kuro in Motion by Luana Dawg. I do use a lot of Exposeur poses for my couples shots, but what I love about Luana’s poses is that each one works equally well for full-body shots and closeups. If you visit the Kuro in Motion store, you can see this in practice with the vendor ads. Bodies are positioned so that once you have done a wide shot you can just zoom in your camera and shoot the close shots. This is especially helpful with couples if you use pose balls, as adjusting those suckers can be a real pain!

Receiving Honourable Mentions are !bang by Luna Jubilee, oOo Studio Poses by Olaenka Chesnokov and another retired posemaker, Katey Coppola who still has her GLITTERATI poses available on Marketplace.

One last note: if you visit Pose Fair this year, make sure you stop by Kuro in Motion to see Luana’s “Shattered…” pose. I have made three attempts at shooting this pose with the mirrored image – the last today, in hopes of using it for this post – and I have failed miserably each time. Don’t let that discourage you, though. I believe I have gotten too ambitious with my sets and unfortunately, I have ended up with “Objects in mirror are closer than they appear” images or funhouse mirror shots. Keep checking back, though…I’m going to do it if it kills me!

Pretty stuff I’m showing off:

Shirt: [[RH]] Design house – [[RH]] Ladies Men’s Shirt (White Stripe) by Ryo Ixxel
Jeans: Maitreya Boyfriend Jeans Slim – Original by Onyx LeShelle
Hair: *Dura* JAPAN FAIR Limited hair A-3 by Chiaki Xue (colour modified) – this was for Japan Fair and may no longer be available for sale.
Skin: [PXL] Creations [PXL] JADE NAT PetalPink MEB C2 by Hart Larsson
Hands: Slink Mesh Hands (av) Casual by Siddean Munro
Feet: Slink Mesh Feet (Av) Flat by Siddean Munro
Hand & Feet appliers:[PXL] Creations – [ PXL ] Slink Hand & Feet Appliers NAT by Hart Larsson
Eyes: Amacci Gaze Eyes – Ocean Blue by Carina Larsen
Lashes: Mon Cheri *MC* “Falsies” Eyelash by Freya Oliveri

Bed: [ARIA] Adelaide bed by Yelo Uriza
Bed tray: [ARIA] Adelaide decorative tray by Yelo Uriza
Trees and flowers from *Happy Mood* by Sasaya Kayo

Pose: aDORKable Poses : Rug Burn II 7 by Adorkable Peapod

Photo taken using the LumiPro HUD

16 thoughts on “Strike A Pose Challenge: My Heros

1. spunknbrains April 22, 2014 / 10:32 pm

I don’t know why they make event venues so dark and too congested. I ended up derendering walls just to end up walking into a lot of blank places.. so at the end I visited only a few stores and left.

• Becky April 23, 2014 / 2:11 am

I always find it so interesting how different people perceive environments! I found it one of the better event layouts I’ve yet visited. The darkness helped a lot with lag that might otherwise be induced by a lot of high def textures, and I found the space in between the stores a much less congested layout that say Shoetopia for example. Also, their decision to limit the avi entry to 30 at a time did a lot to enhance the value of my experience. Sorry it didn’t work out for you, but again it’s so fascinating to see how different we all experience environments!

• spunknbrains April 23, 2014 / 2:25 am

Yes, I find it interesting as well. I understand the dark walls to help with lag, but when I went it was a bit laggy despite and there wasn’t that many people there. I do like when places tell you if you are overloading with scripts, sort of keeps you mindful. Though its always interesting to hear other perspectives.. and maybe I’m just to handy with that derender tool. 🙂

• PeepSideshow Darkward April 23, 2014 / 8:22 am

It took me a couple of levels to get used to it, but by following the directions Ruby provided in the notecard at the landing point I actually navigated it very easily. I just kept going to the left on each level with my camera angle turned slightly to pick up the openings to the stores. I liked the layout a lot – I started from the top, following the coloured lines and made my way down each level and I only fell off once when I tried walking through a wall. Fortunately, I only dropped to the next level.

I started out using the default Windlight setting, as suggested, and while that made the general environment pretty I found it to be a bit dim inside the booths. I played around to lighten the ambient light so I could see things inside nicely, yet it didn’t detract from the event build. Since I was lucky enough to have early access I didn’t have any lag, but Becky’s comment about the textures make sense in terms of reducing lag. All in all, I think this is the first event I have attended where I didn’t miss anything due to the way it was laid out.

2. caoimhelionheart April 23, 2014 / 12:33 am

I haven’t tried to go yet, it’s another one I hit when the fervor dies down. Great post Peep! ❤

3. Luana Dawg April 23, 2014 / 1:54 am

I can’t wait to see the mirror one and I seriously hope it doesn’t kill you! ❤

• PeepSideshow Darkward April 23, 2014 / 8:13 am

lol I’m going to have to go with a plain background, I think. I actually loved my concept but I have turned your gorgeous pose/prop into a bit of a disaster. I WILL do it! I may end up finishing a couple of the shots I took to drop into the mirror using the pose only – I liked the way they came out 🙂

4. Becky April 23, 2014 / 2:26 am

I certainly have acquired a much great appreciation for posemakers since Pose Fair 2014. I’m working on my own post right now having developed a total fascination for poses by Diesel! Thanks for pointing out your favourites here, I’ll keep my eye out for them as I’m sure my pose buying days are far from over.

• PeepSideshow Darkward April 23, 2014 / 8:15 am

I can’t wait to see it! I admit I scour blogs for new and different poses. Just like shoes, a girl can never have too many 😉

5. Strawberry Singh April 24, 2014 / 1:12 am

I’m gonna have to go check out Kuro now, you got me interested. 😛

6. chericolette October 7, 2015 / 3:20 pm

I remember picking up ‘your pose’ for free in your studio. I should go back and find it and take a picture for Berrys challenge.

7. chericolette October 9, 2015 / 7:21 am

You knew lol….thanks.
    Ive done the challenge and added you in flickr so you can see. I took so many photos but only could chose one for the challenge….this one doesnt show whole pose but I liked the joy in the jump.